Construction closure Government grant
Business Costs Assistance Program Round Four – Construction
The Victorian Government’s Business Costs Assistance Program Round Four – Construction provides one-off payments to eligible employing and non-employing businesses in the construction sector
Businesses must have incurred direct costs because of the construction shutdown due to the COVID-19 restrictions in effect from 21 September to 4 October 2021, that have not been and will not be partially or fully recovered or otherwise reimbursed.
Payments of up to $8400 will be made available to eligible businesses based on payroll size.
• hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN on and from 24 September 2021
• be located within Victoria
• be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 24 September 2021
• operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes for this program
• have been contracted (prior to the restriction period being announced) to undertake, or supply workers to undertake, work at a construction worksite that was shut down due to the COVID-19 restrictions announced 20 September 2021 in one of the following areas:
o Local Government Areas (LGAs) in metropolitan Melbourne
o City of Greater Geelong
o Mitchell Shire, and
o Surf Coast Shire
• have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions in effect from 21 September to 4 October 2021 and cannot and were not able to operate remotely.
Businesses will not be eligible to receive a Business Costs Assistance Program Round Four – Construction grant if they have received support under any of the following programs:
o Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two
o Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two July Extension
o Small Business COVID Hardship Fund.
The grant amount payable to an eligible business is determined by its payroll size:
• $2000 for non-employing businesses
• $2800 for employing businesses with annual payroll below $650,000
• $5600 for employing businesses with an annual payroll between $650,000 and less than $3 million
• $8400 for employing businesses with an annual payroll between $3 million and $10 million.
When applying for this grant you will need:
• a valid Australian business number (ABN) for your business that has an ANZSIC class code that is linked to one of the eligible industry sectors
• if you employ people, your WorkCover Employer Number (WEN) or, if this is yet to be issued, a WorkSafe Application Reference Number (WRN)
• if you are a non-employing business, a WorkSafe Construction Induction Training Card (white card or ‘ticket’) or interstate equivalent issued by a comparable governing authority in another Australian state or territory
• a valid proof of identity document (Australian driver licence, Australian Passport, Medicare Card and Australian visa information and foreign passport).
Please contact us if you would like us to apply on your behalf or if you believe you may qualify for this grant. Otherwise, you can make your own application through the Business Victoria Website
As always, please contact us if you have any queries
The team at Mirandas